Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fly Super-Economy Class

I feel as if I have gained another hour in my life. Today, the clock was pushed back by one hour for daylight savings. This gives you the idea that winter is around the corner. I am almost a graduate, so I hope I can wrap it up before I have to wrap myself up due to the cold. Flight ticket prices are really rising. About a month ago, the cost of AvGas (Aviation fuel) reduced in Russia and around Europe. I thought this would bring the ticket prices down quite a bit. But, in reality, they haven’t changed much. I wouldn’t mind sitting on the toilet seat, forget window or aisle, if I could fly home for free, who wouldn’t? My seat number on my boarding pass would be written as Toilet-bowl A and I would have to use the tissue paper as my seat belt. On the bright side, going to the loo won’t take time. Before landing and take-off the special instructions for me would be, “Please make sure your tissue is enough, seat is put up and toilet is flushed”. I wonder how much a ticket on board the Concorde would cost at this rate. Thinking one step further would lead me to speculating the price for a ticket on board the space shuttle for space tourism. But that would be worth it, wouldn’t it? No problems with window or aisle seating, no problems with leg room or baggage space and definitely no problems with the airhostess waking you up for duty-free shopping.
Bon Voyage, mon ami! Your transit is on mars and you will be able to collect your checked-in baggage on Jupiter, if your body isn’t incinerated by the heat.

2 comments:

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

Hahahahaha...
You definitely don't want to be on Toilet Bowl A class seat on your space tourism trip. Heard about lack of gravity?? Can I just let your imagination take it from there??

Ashwin said...

Yes, good observation Pragni. I'd rather pay one million dollars than have my spacesuit covered with dung. The guys on Venus might think that is how we dress.