Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend

It's hard to say no to someone you love. When they have that smile on their face or that look in their eyes. My heart melts. Even when she asked me to post this (just because), I couldn't say no, even though it was through a chat window. It becomes harder after you've just met her a few minutes ago and she has looked the best you've ever seen her look. Beauty redefined. Seriously. It's hard to not sound flattery, but sometimes you are stunned by the beauty around you.

I can't dance for nuts. I know that. But I also know that there are very few things and very few people in the world that could get me dancing (alcohol included). Today I danced like no one was watching. All I could see was my friends in front of me, and none of them were judging me. We all were just super-elated to be with each other and enjoy that moment, even though I know everyone missed Pinky in some way or the other. Dandia Raas, Garba and Bhangra.... awesome!

It's hard to find time for these things when you are a grad-student. The weekend comes in a jiffy and goes even quicker. You never know what hit you. I am sitting here in the comp lab on a Saturday night trying to do my research. Yes, it's a Saturday night, I've just returned from the Garba party and I intend to finish my quota for today in this secluded lab while listening to loud music. Well, being a grad student, I'm happy that I have the keys to the department building. I wish sometimes though, that I would be joined by her, who wouldn't join me here (for various reasons).

It's been a while since I'm written about current affairs. I'm happy about the effort I'm putting in all around. But I can always do better.

2 comments:

Rohit said...

what the hell happened to all the bars,clubs and other hangouts in champaign??

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

Rohit - "we" happened. :)

Ashwin - Sometimes its the people who define beauty who are the beautiful ones. Because they believe in it. And because they have faith in it...