Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rush Hour

Kestrel, the friend that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, has finally started his blog. I'll be posting a permanent link to his blog soon. Akshata, on the other hand, has completely stopped posting. She tells me that she writes regularly, just not on her blog. Should I remove the link to her blog just because she has stopped writing?

Moving along...
Ever since I arrived in Champaign, I've been swamped. Busy with assignments, busy with classes, busy with household chores, busy with my friends. The sheer pace by which things are moving is alarming, almost unbelievable. I never knew that being a graduate student is such a demanding affair. This is where my diligence and meticulousness will come into question.

I was so into convincing people that I won't be going to Champaign, that I started believing it myself. I wish someone had adviced me before, "Ashwin, don't graduate and start your post-graduation in the same week, you might not believe it."

Sometimes, pursuit is better than possession. You sometimes realize that when you really really want something, and you finally get it, you don't feel like keeping it. Not me! I have wanted to come to UIUC for a long time. And now that I am here, I will cling on to these moments with whatever I can muster.

Still, why is it so hard for me to believe that I am here? I think I need to change the clock on the top right-hand side of my blog to Champaign time. Somebody pinch me!

4 comments:

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

pinched!! Will pinch you for real too!! I know it's difficult.. tell me about it!!

Satish K Mantha said...

hehe.. u'll pass out of this place at the same pace too.. :-) wait for the summer to start.. summer of 2008 = summer of 2009!

kadak sing said...

dhamki via blog......

Ashwin said...

Pragni- Thanks for the pinch

Satish- I wish it could be the summer of '69.

aks- yes...this is called web-dhamki. better post something!