Tuesday, December 25, 2007

For Kestrel and Simone

I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone who reads my blog. Though I am happy with my audience, I would like some hidden characters to start commenting and would love to increase the number of readers. It's just been 2-3 months and the response I've got over this period has been overwhelming, unexpected. I am elated!

My readers and my friends are my driving force. Most of my friends have been reading my blog in order to stay in touch with me, to know what's going on in my life. But I would also like people to get pulled towards my blog through my writing. My style of writing could be called orthodox or colorful, but I like it when people acknowledge it and sincerely comment. Be critical if you have to, but tell me what you are thinking. I am still an amateur when it comes to writing and I have a long way to go, but one thing I have always believed in is that no matter how good you get, there's always room for improvement and you never stop learning.

In these 2-3 months, I have received a good amount of acclaim from Kestrel and his wife Simone. They've been reading my blog for a while now. Well, Kestrel is technically related to me, he's my grandmother's sister-in-law's brother's son (I hope I haven't got that wrong), but he's just a few years older than me and I've always seen him as a friend since childhood. Recently during my visit to India, it was Kestrel's dad birthday. There was a huge bash, one that I was really thrilled to attend. It was an opportunity to meet Simone, Kestrel's new bride and catch up with that section of relatives. The photos below were taken that night and I promised them that I would put them up on my blog.



Kestrel is a good writer, you can tell from the comments he's made on my blog in the past. I hope he starts his own blog soon, a place where he can unleash the fury.
The advice that I got from Simone that day was priceless and won't be soon forgotten by me. Thanks Simone, I will try my best to find my friend. Keep reading and keep in touch!



Moral of the story : read my blog, leave your comments and I'll write about you.

Oh, please. That was a joke! I am not that desperate to increase my passenger-count.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, i just hope you have good food on board...
...and good hostesses [:P]