Sunday, May 11, 2008

303, W Green St. Apt B203, Champaign IL 61820

I walk to a place that is empty. I look at the ground and see millions of my footsteps on the footpath as I have walked to and fro from there. I know that I am going to nobody. To nothing. But I want to go none-the-less.

I open the door and turn on the lights. Emptiness everywhere. I walk through the apartment just to catch a glimpse of unexpectedness, but nothing surprises me. I sit on the couch and look around. Sigh. I see Dhum frying the onion rings in the kitchen. Pal sitting on her comp and making us listen to some new song. Pinky working all night on his comp while making sure everyone is doing their work too. Dream Catcher watching "Sex and the City" and getting yelled at. I see RM coming and going, ignoring everyone.

I breathe the air of a place where I have spent more time than my lab. A place that I imagined even before I had set foot into it. It had come to be my home. Our home.

They say that change is good. Change must be welcome. But what if I don't want change?

What if I want to turn back time? What if I want you to come back?

What if I want us, all of us, to be there..... just be there.

2 comments:

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

We form attachments so easily. All of us. We freeze frames in our minds and enshrine them. We love, we live, and then we want to relive.

And then we go ahead and make some new memories..

Satish K Mantha said...

omg! senti! kyuuuunn! next yr, we're gonna be living closer to each other than honolulu (303 WGS!).. the year after that, i'm in india for sure and am not sure of where everyone else is gonna be. (please don't start writing abt that now! :P)

u mean that we're all working or enjoying and om is cooking? and when did ppl start listening to me? awesome. i never came across that in my life! :P ;-)