Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The 8th May Girl

Once upon a time, you were my best friend. You were like the devilish angel amongst us.

I remember playing with you, talking to you, fighting with you. I remember your mom scolding me. My mom scolding you. And then our moms laughing it over a cup of tea while we giggle on the side.

You played cricket with me. You tried your best. You didn't care what people thought of your over-arm bowling action.

The bullshit that you used to talk, the flattering remarks, the boasting. It was fun. It was you.

The way we spoke about our crushes, and then tried to get the ball rolling. That was the best.

I could joke with you, tease you, love you, understand you, miss you, ignore you, smile at you all at the same time.

We fell in love with each others best friends. Yet nothing changed. That's what made me love you even more.

We could hang out anywhere. And be together. We could walk to anywhere. And find our way back.

And one day our lives changed, when you had to move. I never realized that you were gone until you were gone.

I've been wondering where you went ever since.

You're just a mouse-click away, yet so far. Too far maybe.

I miss you!

Happy Birthday.

No comments: