Friday, November 16, 2007

The Reason(s)

I was scheduled to finish my Bachelors in June. I wasn’t ready for what life threw at me back then. It’s almost December and I’m still here. There are two reasons for my tragedy. One of them is bad luck, the other one is me not working hard enough.

The bad luck part can be explained easily. One of my professors got sick in my final semester, he didn’t take class for around three months. Then near the end of the semester, he left a note on the faculty notice board. He was back and had little time to complete the scheduled classes, so he decided to cram it up into 3 days. We had to do 11 labworks in 3 days. Unfortunately, I never saw the note, and nobody told me about it before the three days got over. The professor was very rude and decided that he wouldn’t even consider extra classes. If he would have, maybe I would have been given that credit.

The part where I blame myself for not working hard enough is difficult to explain. I usually am hardworking, especially academically. I wasn’t ready with my project in June, simple as that. I’ve been told that the project is tough, requires a lot of research, but that’s no excuse. After I was told that I would have to stay back and complete the project, I put in a lot of effort. July and August are considered to be months dedicated to rest and vacationing. I got mine at the Russian National Library. I was doing something that I should have done months back, research, research and more research. My project wasn’t bad in June, but after I was done with my research, I realized how much better I’ve made it.

It’s almost December and I’m almost done with both, my credit and my project. The past few months have taught me lessons that I couldn’t have learned in any other situation, at any other time. But the job isn’t done yet. Testing times lie ahead, only this time, I am ready.

2 comments:

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

Get your ass here by spring anyhow got it?? Reasons will come, and reasons will go.. but you bettr come here.. and quick!!

Rohit said...

I dont care that much about your ass...but u better spring up in spring n dont forget the russian...