Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back to sub-zero

I arrived in St.Petersburg on Tuesday evening, instantly put on my jacket and gloves as I exited the airport. I was used to this weather, it's been five long years. The next two days weren't the usual post-arrival, get over the jet-lag type days for me. I was up and running taking care of business as usual. If I don't get used to jet-lag, then I'll be spending around 20-30 days a year recovering from it coz I fly a lot.

On Thursday I felt feverish. In spite of that, I went. I knew it was imperitive for me to meet a prof at college. I was right. I ended up clearing one of my two remaining subjects. But the fever had worsened. Bed rest was the order of the day on Friday and Saturday. And there's nothing like watching premiership football while sipping hot chocolate during the weekend.

No matter how long you stay in one place, be it five or ten years, you need time to adapt to the conditions, your body needs time to get accustomed to the weather. And I keep telling people that I can swiftly handle the weather in USA.

What I came across during this short period was a bit strange. While I was in the flight, I thought to myself, "What if I don't make it?" and that thought came back to me while I was taking a tablet yesterday. This thought opens your eyes and you start thinking about the stuff you haven't done, the words you haven't said, the breaths you haven't taken. One such alarming thought crossed my mind, a message for someome.... if I didn't make it. I don't know whether that was instinct or my mind playing games on me, but it was a good one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh?? and where do u fly to so much??

Ashwin said...

here and there!

Anonymous said...

here n there where..??
hehe...

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

message for whom?

Ashwin said...

First of all- I took a flight a months ago, then a week ago.... now i will be flying three weeks from now and then after around five months. That should give all curious Georges an idea about my frequency of flying. Where? I fly to wherever my heart takes me, including home.

Pragni- Can't disclose that!

Anonymous said...

which george r u tryin to woo with all the flying?? ;) lol