Friday, December 14, 2007

Guys like me

I feel complete at home. My life, my daily schedule just clicks when I am here. I never oversleep, I am much more responsible, frankly, I set an example. Sometimes I think, any parent would be proud to have a son like me, any sister would love to have a brother like me, and of course, any girl would be lucky enough to have me in her life.

When I am abroad, the only thing that matters is me. I sleep whenever I want, eat whenever I want, I'm a mess. My time-table is messed up, it revolves around my classes and football. I live for myself, and that's not who I am.

I learn from my mistakes, and I tend to learn fast. My dad once told me, "Problems in your life can either make you or break you. A hammer can break the glass but it can also shape the steel. It is up to you to be either glass or steel."

Many factors play important roles in shaping up one's life. I feel proper parenting, upbringing, surrounding social life, schooling are important. But do the stars play a role in it? Does being a Sagittarius have a say? What if I had been born in some other month? How much would it affect me? These are questions that don't have a good-enough answer.

Those around you can influence you for better or for worse. At some point in life, you have to let them stop influencing you and stand out, be yourself.

I have reached that point in my life.

I embrace responsibility and smile at challenges now. Earlier, whenever I faced a tough situation, I used to look up and say, "Why God, why?" or "Why does this always happen to me?"
Now, I find myself laughing and saying, "Is that the best you can do?" or "Bring it on"

I had to drop off my sister to college recently and had to log off. I explained it to the female I was chatting with. "Drop your sister off to college?" she asked. "Do guys do that?"
"Yes!" I exclaimed, "We are a rare breed."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude!! give your sis a life!! dont be all big-brothery and drop her off to col n stuff!! i'm sure u wudnt like being dropped to col :D

Anonymous said...

and that's what i meant!!!!you don't drop ppl off to college,you drop them off to school!!!gee....

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

Uh.. I beg to differ.. but I'd love to be dropped off to college by my brother when he was in town.. coz he'd be in town just for those few days.. and he obviously would love to do things like dropping me off to college.. and I'd love him to do that for me too!!

On another note.. isn't living alone all about discovering yourself.. you just suddenly realize what your limits are, how much you can take, and where you want to draw the line. For me it's been like another part of me has unfolded.. which I really did not know would..
at home I am this relaxed person.. i let the things that happen around me happen, I just fit in with the flow..

But that's me I guess :P

and hey!! Good post!!

Anonymous said...

i agree with pragni..i liked it wen dadu dropped me to coll coz he was here fr jus few days n as it is i av 2 walk nw..n thts hw he is...sweet n caring n thats what i like bout him...:)