Friday, December 7, 2007

Expect the unexpected

I LOVE GIVING SURPRISES!!!
That's something I will keep doing forever. I've taken every opportunity to surprise my parents by arriving home from the airport unannounced. This time I did that to my sister. What I like the most is the reaction people give me and the adrenaline rush that I get while doing it.

My latest victim was an old friend of mine. I had been planning this for a while, and finally, with her sister's help, I caught her unaware today. Her sister told her that they would meet for lunch at the designated venue and told me to show up. After hunting down the place, I made it about 10 minutes late. I sent her an sms before entering, "Will it be a warm hug or a friendly handshake?" She did not have my number, I hoped that message wouldn't freak her out. I saw madam talking on the phone, approached her and said the words, "Surprise!" Believe me, her reaction was worth witnessing. We hadn't seen each other for almost six years. She got up instantly, hung up the phone, and hugged me. It was at this moment that she realized that she had been set up. I ended up explaining to her how difficult the whole thing had been. We caught up on old times and ended up having just coffee and drinks for lunch as she was on a diet. Women!!!

I sometimes wish more people would take up the responsibility of making others smile or laugh.
It's always worth the effort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally true man!although ppl seem to think i am predictable..personally i think thats rude!and do check my blog!

Rohit said...

i know who ur next victim is gonna be...so.. will it be a "friendly handshake or a warm hug??" :P ;)

Ashwin said...

Rohit - My next victim could be you... for all you know!

Anonymous said...

ohhh..now i know it ALL!! :D